Operating process control (hereinafter referred to as OPC) in the power grid system means a set of steps for controlling process parameters of operation and the operation condition of power grid facilities, which are implemented by the relevant OPC divisions of JSC IDGC of the North-West.
The main objectives of operating process control in the power grid system are as follows:
- power supply reliability and electricity quality in accordance with the legal and technical regulations and contracts for electricity transfer services;
- proper quality and safety of power grid facilities;
- efficient electricity transfer via power grids with minimum technical losses.
At JSC IDGC of the North-West, OPC is implemented through operating and non-operating functions. The objective of operating functions is directly changing the process parameters or operation condition of power grid facilities while non-operating functions include scheduling of repairs, processing of dispatcher requests, development of operating documents, staff management, accident investigation, provision of security in operations at power lines and substation facilities and equipment, etc.
At JSC IDGC of the North-West, OPC is implemented by:
- The Department of Operating Process Control and Situation Management (hereinafter referred to as DOPSM) of JSC IDGC of the North-West:
- 24-hour control of the operating environment, analysis, provision of accurate information on technical disconnections to the Company management, and taking preventive measures for accident repair;
- organization, control, and coordination of emergency rehabilitation operations by repair and mobile teams;
- collection, summarizing, and transfer of operating data to JSC Russian Grids on development of emergencies, measures taken to mitigate them, and involved forces and resources. Interaction with branches of JSC SO UES, United Dispatching Unit of the Northwest and United Dispatching Unit of the Center, JSC FGC UES, Main Power Lines of the Northwest, Main Power Lines of the Center, and regional headquarters and other entities in the electric power sector, and the regional center of the Ministry of Emergencies of the Northwest Russia for mitigation of accidents;
- development of guidelines for operating process control and tutorial guides on the organization of oil process control at the branches;
- monitoring of the operating situation during mass cut, organization and collection of data during special operation conditions and high risk conditions.
- 7 Grid Control Centers (GCC) and 27 United Dispatching Services of production divisions of branches:
- The main function of GCC of branches of JSC IDGC of the North-West is centralized operating process control of operation conditions of 35–110 kV power grids.
- 134 operating dispatching groups of power grid districts С:
- Operating dispatching groups of power grid districts provide operating process control of 0.4-6(10) kV distribution power grids.